Entries invited for Joop Witteveen Prize 2018
The Special Collections Department of the University of Amsterdam invites authors to submit publications for the Joop Witteveen Prize, the award for an outstanding publication on the history of food in the Low Countrie
- History of food and drink in the Netherlands and Belgium;
- based on thorough historical research;
- published as (part of) a book or as an article in a magazine between the 1 January 2017 and the 31 December 2018.
- Daniëlle De Vooght, winner of the Joop Witteveenprijs 2012, historian and coordinator at KU Leuven;
- Marleen Willebrands, culinary historian and linguist;
- Irene Zwiep, professor of Hebrew and Jewish Studies and director of the College of Humanities, Faculty of Humanities of the University of Amsterdam (2008–2013);
- Marike van Roon, head curator of Special Collections UvA and chair of the jury.
How to submit
- Send your publication (books: 5 copies) before the 1 April 2019 to:
Special Collections of the University of Amsterdam
Attn Joke Mammen, Secretary of the Joop Witteveen Prize
P.O. Box 94436
NL – 1090 GK Amsterdam,
stating ‘Joop Witteveen Prize 2018’
A copy of the magazine or article can be sent to the above address or by email to: email@example.com
Please include your full name, postal address, phone number, and email address.
Award plates of the Joop Witteveen Prize and the Johannes van Dam Prize, designed by Joost Swarte
- Announcement of the shortlist: Spring 2019
- Announcement of the winner: 15 November 2019.