Entries invited for Joop Witteveen Prize 2015
The Special Collections Department of the University of Amsterdam invites authors to submit publications for the Joop Witteveen Prize, the award for an outstanding publication on the history of food in the Low Countries. The prize-giving ceremony will take place in October 2016.
- history of food and drink in the Netherlands and Belgium;
- based on thorough historical research;
- published as (part of) a book or as an article in a magazine between the 1 January 2014 and the 31 December 2015.
- Joop Witteveen, culinary historian and bibliographer;
- Daniëlle De Vooght, winner of the Joop Witteveenprijs 2012, historian and coordinator at ETWIE – Center of Expertise for Technical, Scientific and Industrial Heritage;
- Marleen Willebrands, culinary historian and linguist;
- Irene Zwiep, Professor of Hebrew and Jewish Studies and Director of the College of Humanities, Faculty of Humanities of the University of Amsterdam (2008–2013);
- Steph Scholten, Director of UvA Heritage and chair of the jury.
How to submit
- Send your publication (books: 5 copies) before the 1 January 2016 to:
Special Collections of the University of Amsterdam
Attn Joke Mammen, Secretary of the Joop Witteveen Prize
P.O. Box 94436
NL – 1090 GK Amsterdam,
stating ‘Joop Witteveen Prize 2015’
- A copy of the magazine or article can be sent to the above address or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your full name, postal address, phone number, and email address.
- announcement of the shortlist: Spring 2016;
- announcement of the winner: October 2016.