Entries invited for Joop Witteveen Prize 2014
The Special Collections Department of the University of Amsterdam invites authors to submit publications for the Joop Witteveen Prize, the award for an outstanding publication on the history of food in the Low Countries.
- history of food and drink in the Netherlands and Belgium;
- based on thorough historical research;
- published as (part of) a book or as an article in a magazine between the 1st of January 2013 and the 31st of July 2014.
- Joop Witteveen, culinary historian and bibliographer;
- Daniëlle De Vooght, winner of the Joop Witteveenprijs 2012, historian and coordinator at ETWIE – Center of Expertise for Technical, Scientific and Industrial Heritage;
- Marleen Willebrands, culinary historian and linguist;
- Irene Zwiep, Professor of Hebrew and Jewish Studies and Director of the College of Humanities, Faculty of Humanities of the University of Amsterdam (2008–2013);
- Steph Scholten, Director of UvA Heritage and chair of the jury.
How to submit
- Send your publication (books: 5 copies) before the 15th of September 2014 to:
Special Collections of the University of Amsterdam
Attn Joke Mammen, Secretary of the Joop Witteveen Prize
P.O. Box 94436
NL – 1090 GK Amsterdam,
stating ‘Joop Witteveen Prize 2014’
- A copy of the magazine or article can be sent to the above address or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your full name, postal address, phone number, and email address.
- announcement of the shortlist: December 2014;
- announcement of the winner: 16th of January 2015 at the Gala of the Cookbook.