Entries invited for Joop Witteveen Prize 2013
The Special Collections Department of the University of Amsterdam invites authors to submit publications for the Joop Witteveen Prize, the award for an outstanding publication on the history of food in the Low Countries.
- history of food and drink in the Netherlands and Belgium;
- based on thorough historical research;
- published as (part of) a book or as an article in a magazine between the 1st of January 2012 and the 31st of July 2013.
- Joop Witteveen, culinary historian and bibliographer;
- Marc Jacobs, Director of FARO (Flemish interface centre for cultural heritage), heritage expert, historian and ethnologist, member of FOST (Social and Cultural Food Studies) at the Vrije Universiteit, Brussels;
- Marleen Willebrands, culinary historian and linguist;
- Irene Zwiep, Director of the College of Humanities, Faculty of Humanities of the University of Amsterdam, and Professor of Hebrew and Jewish Studies;
- Steph Scholten, Director of UvA Heritage and chair of the jury.
How to submit
- Send your publication (books: 5 copies) before the 15th of September 2013 to:
Special Collections of the University of Amsterdam
Attn Joke Mammen, Secretary of the Joop Witteveen Prize 2013
P.O. Box 94436
NL – 1090 GK Amsterdam,
stating ‘Joop Witteveen Prize 2013’
- A copy of the magazine or article can be sent to the above address or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your full name, postal address, phone number, and email address.
- announcement of the shortlist: December 2013;
- announcement of the winner: 17th of January 2014 at the Gala van het Kookboek.